Part 2: Tips 7-12 (See part 1 here)
7. Make the most of seasonal networking opportunities. Many businesses and networking forums hold end of year events. This provides a relaxed setting to show the human side of your business and to form new relationships. (But definitely not a time for the hard sell!).
8. Check the seasonal opening periods of your key contacts so you can mirror them. Make a point of letting them know you'll be there for them if needed (especially if your competitors won't be!)
9. Put in place out-of-hours contact contingency should your key customers need you. This shows commitment and that you operate around your clients' needs not just yours, and is another good opportunity to make contact with your customers and prospects.
10. Don't forget your team. Just a few simple gestures can make a real difference to employee engagement, and create positive sentiment as the team reflect during the holidays:
11. Plan out now, your kick-off strategy for the new year. What will you do on your first day back? In your first week back? Plan out the business-boosting activities that will give you a running start to the new year (and then make sure you do stick to them when you return!)
12. Finally, use your own down-time wisely. It can be tiring, and sometimes lonely, running a business. Make sure you take the time to unwind and catch up with family and friends. Allow yourself this, safe in the knowledge that you have a killer plan to start the new year with direction and energy.
Thank you for your custom, and interest, and contributions during the year. I look forward to exchanging ideas, building communities, creating excellence and otherwise working with you in 2015!
If you've enjoyed this post from The Boardroom Blog then please share it on your preferred social networks, and join The Boardroom mailing list to ensure you never miss out on a future update (plus receive our free e-book with 100 small business tips!).
Click Here for our calendar of upcoming The Boardroom events...
Join The Mailing List!
Add your details here to receive The Boardroom updates with unique tips for business marketing, strategy and customer management...